Silverfish Control Sydney
Silverfish Pest Control in Sydney
Do you have a Silverfish problem? We are the experts at effective silverfish pest control in Sydney.
What are Silverfish?
Silverfish are wingless animals. Like ants, they can’t fly. Baby silverfish and white in colour and and measure around 5 mm long. The nymphs hatch with no scales. As they mature their scales will appear. They can molt several times as they develop and grow into adults. The small mymphs still feed on the same high-protein, starcy based items as the adult silverfish. Adult silverfish grow to about 12-25 mm in length not including their tail. They have a fish like appearance and once mature they turn into light grey and blue colours. They have two long antennae and six legs.
These insects feed on starch and sugar, so they’re attracted to different types of household items. These include books, wallpaper, documents, photographs, soap, dandruff, etc. They also like to live in dark, damp places.
Silverfish are actually not harmful to humans. However, the real danger they pose is to property around the house. Since they’re attracted to starchy materials and items with high protein content, they eat books, clothing, stored food, and much more.
Signs of Infestation
Silverfish thrive in humidity. They love dark areas and humid environments. They are commonly found in cupboards, basements, kitchens, bathrooms, attics and storage rooms.
Like many insects, they like to hide. You can find them in Items like books, book bindings, and paper are part of the Silverfish diet.
You can also find droppings around your property. Silverfish leave black and spherical fecal matter wherever they go. They also shed their skin, and you can find yellow stains or spots as they move. If you spot any of these pesky insects, you should suspect a silverfish infestation.
Treatment Tips and Advice
Silverfish feed off protein and starchy materials.
- Check paintings, bookcases, bookshelves, books, loose papers, silk fabrics, cotton materials and old clothes
- Use a wet newspaper as a trap. Once they come to it, throw it out or burn it.
- You can use regular sticky traps to catch them
- Insecticide is also a viable option for you
- Cedar oil is a natural repellent. Spray it around the house, and its strong scent will drive them away. You can also use Cedar Balls
- Dried bay leaves are another natural repellent
- Hire a Professional Pest Control Company
If you still have a pest problem call a silverfish pest control company as soon as possible.
Is it bad to have a silverfish infestation?
They aren’t known to cause harm to humans or pets, but they can cause severe damage to your property.
What causes a silverfish infestation?
Most of these insects are attracted to the smell of food. So, you need to keep your food well sealed.
The average cost of treatment ranges from $150 – $250.
Why Choose Pro Pest Control
- Fully Qualified Pest Controllers
- Licensed by EPA NSW Government
- 20 Years Pest Control Industry Experience
- Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance $20,000,000
- Experienced Professional Pest Control Service
- Prevention Strategies For Long Term Results
- Affordable Quotes – Price Match Guarantee
- Termite Inspections and Termite Control
- 100% Guaranteed Satisfaction – Or Your Money Back
Sydney Suburbs Service Locations
- Sydney CBD Inner City and Surrounding Areas
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West Region
- Western Suburbs Sydney
- Sutherland Shire
- North Shore Northern Suburbs
- Hills District
- Southern Suburbs Sydney
Fantastic service. Competitive prices and offered an extended warranty period. Thank you.
Linda Kress – Inner West Sydney
Request a Quote
If you’re looking for an effective silverfish control solution we can help.
Phone Pro Pest Control Sydney for free advice and affordable prices. Call us on 02 8188 3997.