Subterranean Termite Control For Homes
Termite activity can reduce the value of a home substantially. If you have a termite or white ant problem, we are here to help. Our skilled professionals will assess the problem, chose the correct solution and resolve the problem completely. The alternative hardly bears thinking about.
The team at Pro Pest Control Sydney offer licensed and qualified termite controllers to identify and exterminate any threats.
Termites are one of the worst pests to have in a home, mainly because the damage they cause can be so expensive. Termites (or white ants, as some call them) can do a great deal of damage to timber frame buildings and wooden fixtures. Almost all homes in Australia are at risk of termite attacks. The wood destroying soft-bodied insects feed on and burrow into floors, ceilings, cabinets and furniture. But the damage isn’t just cosmetic. A termite infestation can also eat into the structure of your home, destroying support beams, load-bearing walls, roof supports and floor and ceiling joists. Although termites are aggressive eaters with insatiable appetites, they go about their destructive business out of view, often remaining undetected until considerable damage has occurred.
All parts of Australia are at some risk of termites, but large population centres (such as Sydney) are the hardest-hit according to the CSIRO and the DPI (Department Of Primary Industries). Both the climate and the abundance of timber construction in Sydney make them a constant threat.
What Is Termite Control?
Termite control is a method of treating infestations and prevents future problems. If your property is under attack then treatment will be required. Chemicals include repellent and non-repellent termiticides. Products include Imidacloprid, by Premise (Bayer Environmental Sciences) and Fipronil, by Termidor (BASF).
Termite Treatment Plans
Treatments help your property become termite proof. We will point out the potential danger areas, such as cracks in concrete walls and damp places around your house, and give you detailed advice on how your home can stay termite-free.
- Termite monitoring stations – unobtrusive stations are placed around the perimeter of your property and periodically checked for the presence of termites.
- Termite baits – strategically deposited in and around your home. Termites consume the bait and share it with their colonies, resulting in their eradication. The baits consist of foods such as paper and cardboard that termites find palatable, but they are laced with a slow-acting insecticide that is lethal to them.
- Liquid defence systems – Termiticides applied to the soil outside your property to provide a barrier to block termite entry.
- Wood treatments – wooden structures are treated with a solution that acts as a termiticide and a repellent.
- Dry foam treatments – used in difficult to reach areas such as voids in walls.
Termite Control Services
- Periodic inspections
- Subterranean treatments
- Chemical-free treatments
- Pre-construction treatments
- Existing damage repair and restoration
An annual termite inspection is an absolute necessity for any timber frame building in Sydney. Inspections are the only way to be sure you do not have a hidden termite problem. Letting termites go undetected can leave you open to expensive repair bills. We use the latest thermal imaging equipment to effectively locate and asses any damage.
We offer a killer service that keeps termites out of your home.
Early Signs of Termite Damage
- Shelter tubes in foundation walls
- Subterranean tunnels under flooring
- Blowholes in trees
- Earthen packing
- Wood excavating
- Termite noise
- Piles of termite frass around the house.
- Presence of termite wings.
- Sagging floors and hollow wood
Why Choose Us
- Qualified & Licensed
- Professional Indemnity Insured
- Public Liability Insurance $10,000,000
- Experienced Professionals
- Caring Customer Service
- Prevention Strategies
- Affordable & Fast Quotes
- All Suburbs
- Sydney Central Business District & CBD
- Sydney Inner City & Surrounding Areas
- Northern Beaches and North Shore
- Western Suburbs – Inner West
- Sutherland Shire
- Hills District & Northern Suburbs
- Sydney Southern Suburbs
Request A Quote
When you call in the experts at Pro Pest Control Sydney, termites’ days are numbered. We are dedicated to defending your home with affordable and customised treatment and control services. Our termite exterminators will carry out a thorough inspection of your property to determine how widespread your infestation is.
If you suspect a problem get in touch with our team to discuss your options.
We offer fast, free advice and actionable treatment plans.